They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. - Andy Warhol, The Philosophy of Andy Warhol - US artist (1928 - 1987)

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Travels and fun

Hello again, it has been a little while since my last post. Life has been busy with travel and hosting family. I hope you are doing well and life is treating you well.

On our way to Las Vegas, we stopped at the Calico Ghost Town out in the beautiful desert. We did not go into any of the mines or attractions, it was interesting just the same. I was amazed at the number of people with european accents.









After Calico, we drove across that beautiful desert to the oasis known as Las Vegas, which I will share more about in the next post.



I hope you have been doing well and life is giving you something to smile about.

Dit

4 comments:

A Lewis said...

Reminds me of trips to Silver City, Idaho, growing up....27 miles on dirt, one-lane road. Love those sort of places....and they are so few and far between any more.

Anonymous said...

That does look like a nice place
to visit...

Did you know that european is in
the redneck dictionary?

'WHATCH WHAT YOU'RE DOIN EUROPEAN
ON MY FOOT'...LOL!

TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!!!!!

Laurie

ps. love the picture of you...
it put a smile on my face :)

dit said...

Lewis, I love Ghost towns too. They do seem to be getting fewer and fewer. Ever been to Bodie, California? its extra cool.

Laurie, you are too cute. Big hugs back at you.

Greg said...

I haven't been to Calico since I was a little tyke. Perhaps I can talk the boyfriend into checking it out the next time we head to Las Vegas.