They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. - Andy Warhol, The Philosophy of Andy Warhol - US artist (1928 - 1987)

Friday, October 30, 2009

Chocolate Sandwiches & Halloween

Happy Halloween.




A blast from the past, this past weekend when I was visiting with a childhood friend, we remembered something my family used to make. The mention of it made smiles on each of us. Chocolate sandwiches, yes, Chocolate sandwiches. Here is the recipe, it is quite simple, two pieces of white bread, some butter and a Hershey bar.

Butter one side of each piece of bread, lay one piece of bread butter side down in a skillet. Break the Hershey bar and arrange it on the piece of bread in the skillet, lay the other piece of bread on top, butter side up.

Turn on the skillet and cook until one side is golden brown, flip until the other side is to your liking. Yes, just like making a grilled cheese sandwich, only you've replaced the cheese with a chocolate bar.

Last night, after Halloween shopping in Westwood. So many cute college guys. anyway . . . I made two, one for me and one for my husband. Yum!

Delicious. OMG! I've gotta have another one.

2 comments:

My adventures said...

that sounds very paula dean! and very delicious!

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMMMMMMM.....Chocolate.....
One of my favorite four letter
words....I'm gonna have to try that
some time...

MISS YOU!!!!

TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!!!!!

Laurie